My Bloviation Celebration!

"One woman's life journey of love, laughter, and lipgloss..."

lundi, juin 12, 2006

Still Proud, Still Busy, Still Minty...

Hi guys. Howya be?

It's been a busy last several days for your favorite minty momma. This past weekend, Curt's cousin got married in Nebraska, and we made the trek out and back to celebrate the day. His family is really wonderful, and it's nice to be a part of that. I had always hoped and prayed when I was a single gal that I'd one day fit in with the family of whatever-guy-crazy-enough-to-marry-me, and I am so blessed to have done that with these people. His family is from a very small town, and with each visit we make out there, I'm finding that I really enjoy the small-town diversion from the big city. (And yes, I realize, before anyone points out the glaringly obvious, that Gardner is a small town. However, I work in a major metropolitan city and am constantly in it and the other surrounding major cities for shopping, dining, and life proper.) OK...where was I....? Oh yeah, Curt's family. Just good people all around. And the wedding was gorgeous and the reception was fun and it was nice to see everyone again. Many blessings to Jeremy and Katie for years together of love and joy and happiness!

(I haven't uploaded the photo I took of their card yet...will do that and post it ASAP.)

I had a job interview today! I still haven't heard from ThatOtherPlace (you know...the one where I interviewed in March), even though they were so chomping at the bit (or so they said) to make immediate hires. Well, I've really been slacking off on the job hunt, truthfully. I guess I was just hoping that this other agency would call me and happy working in my DEU, so I figured (I guess) that I'd just wait it out. Then, from seemingly nowhere, an amazing opportunity fell right into my lap. Someone from another local Feddy agency asked my boss if she knew of anyone at the GS-12 level in the HR field who was a skilled generalist, knew all of the HR areas (staffing, classification, training, employee relations, and labor relations), and willing to take an immediate transfer. This was, oh, last Thursday. All day Friday, the buzz around my office was about this new opportunity. Come to find out, one of the women who interviewed me today is a sorority sister of another woman I used to work with...and she gave her a glowing review. All in all, the interview went VERY well, and I was so pleased and happy with it all. The ladies who spoke with me were very nice, and I think I answered all of their questions well. So keep your fingers crossed for me, dear friends. Here's hoping that I can beat the BRAC before it beats me.

Taylor's new CD comes out tomorrow! Our friends over at K-JO 105.5 played "Do I Make You Proud?" on the drive home tonight. What a beautiful version of the song! Can't wait to get my grubby little mitts on a copy of this tomorrow. I'm still proud, still in love with Taylor, and still "Soul Patrol-ling." Where was he when I was single...?

Still no news on the final decision regarding me becoming the chapter adviser at our local collegiate chapter. Apparently there are still a few checks-and-balances that need to be checked-and-balanced. So we'll see. I am going up to the house this weekend to help interview potential house mothers, so that's good. They wouldn't have asked me to come if they didn't think I'd make the final cut. I'm still not sure that I can do this, but I am learning that every time I step outside my comfort zone, I come away the better and the stronger for it. I hope that that will be the case again this time.