My Bloviation Celebration!

"One woman's life journey of love, laughter, and lipgloss..."

mercredi, juin 14, 2006

Sinus-y And Sleep-y

Hi guys. Greetings from the land of "Seasonal Sinus Suffering." Yes indeedy, your favorite mint maiden has the makings of what promises to bet yet another fun-and-exciting sinus infection. AND IT'S ONLY JUNE. The damned season's just started! Grrr. This morning, I felt like my head was an empty bathtub just-a-fillin' with torrential waters and preparin' for an overflow. Yuck. I took the day off and relaxed at home (somehow catching up on daytime TV snuggled up to my sweet little Boston Terrier allllways is the medicine that helps me). The good news is that my day of relaxation, coupled with my intense consumption of over-the-counter drugs, has rendered me feeling somewhat more human. The bad news is that by being out of commission today, I was not able to be among the first in the greater Kansas City area to buy my beautiful Taylor's first post-Idol CD. I've got a busy night after work tomorrow (I am helping next year's alumnae chapter President get her affairs in order and train her new Executive Board), but our meeting place is close to a local big-name bookstore, so I plan to pop by there on the way home and snag a copy. I am so thrilled for Taylor. Wow. Still "proud" of him and still mega-super-crazy about him. WHERE WAS HE WHEN I WAS SINGLE?

I've got some more card uploads to share with you! Please remember to click on the photos. The images here are all clickable, and you'll get better detail and clarity when you blow these up and make 'em bigger...

Card For Jeremy & Katie's Wedding

Yes, I know it's not easy to make out the full detail on this one. Sorry - the damned digital camera and I weren't on the best of terms when I shot this one. This is the card I made for last weekend's wedding of my hubby's cousin and his new lovely wife. Stampin' Up products used include cardstock (Almost Amethyst, Elegant Eggplant, and Pretty In Pink), ink (Pixie Pink), Stampin' Dimensionals, and the white organdy ribbon. The hearts were cut out using a die from my Sizzix machine, and the "Congratulations" stamp (which is hard to make out in this shot) isn't from SU. Also, the ridged medium-purple cardstock (on which the word "Congratulations" is stamped) isn't from SU, either. It's one of those ridge-y papers that looks awesome but doesn't handle ink well at ALL. :( I guess they are more for textured effects than anything else.

A work friend recently lost her mother, and here are shots of the card I made for her:

Card For Deb - Outside

Card For Deb - Inside

SU products used: cardstock (Almost Amethyst, Sahara Sand, and the now retired Mint Melody), inks (Eggplant Envy and Mint Melody, both of which are now retired), stamp sets ("Little Layers Plus" outside and "Paris In The Spring" inside), eyelets (Pretty In Pink), Stampin' Dimensionals, buttons (Pale Plum, inside), and white organdy ribbon. The cream-colored cardstock and the mini glue dots aren't from SU.

And finally, here are the Father's Day cards Erin and I made for my father. (We're posting these now since we had to get them off in the mail in order for him to receive them in Indy by Sunday. Photos of our cards for Curt's father and for Curt will come later):

Cards For My Dad - Father's Day, 2006

Creamy Caramel cardstock from Stampin' Up is the base for both cards. On mine, I also used SU cardstock in Bliss Blue, Brilliant Blue, and Sahara Sand. Other SU products used on my card include two now-retired stamp sets ("God Bless America" and "Monkey Business"), The Tearing Edge, the crimper, and Stampin' Dimensionals, The markers, star eyelets, and glue dots aren't from SU. Erin borrowed Mommy's SU "Little Layers Plus" set, along with her SU "Pixie Pink" and (now retired" "Elegant Eggplant" inks for her card. The colored pencils she used aren't from SU.

OK, I am off for a hot, sexy date with my Nyquil and my pillows. Goodnight, folks.

1 Comments:

At 6/14/2006 04:55:00 PM, Anonymous Anonyme said...

Awe, so sorry to hear you're feeling under the weather, hope you're feeling better soon! I hate all that sinusy junk.

Beautiful cards as always, you're really inspiring me to pull out my rubber stamps again. =)

 

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home