My Bloviation Celebration!

"One woman's life journey of love, laughter, and lipgloss..."

dimanche, mai 14, 2006

Happy Moms' Day!

Hello everyone, and a very special HAPPY MOTHERS' DAY to all of you who are moms (and grandmoms!) I just wanted to pop by real quick-like to say hello and to wish all of our mommas well today. It's been a long day (story to follow) and I've got to be in way early tomorrow, so I'm a-gonna post and a-gonna sleep. :)

We spent the day in Easton, Missouri at the home of Curt's grandmother and grandfather. She has been ill and frail (I've blogged about her before) and it was wonderful to see her. Their beautiful home was filled with family (SIXTEEN of us! Curt, me, Erin, his parents, his grandparents, his aunt and uncle, a cousin, her husband, and their two kids...oh, and Curt's brother, Jeff and of course, Grandma and Grandpa). It was wonderful being together, and I am so honored to be a part of their family. When, as a single gal, I'd dream of "my future husband," I'd always dream that his family would adopt me as "their daughter" and that I'd be close and have loving relationships with my "in-laws." I am blessed in that my wish has come true. It was just a wonderful day. I was well pampered (a new craft desk, a gift certificate to Mario Tricoci, and gorgeous earthenware candleholders from Yankee Candle and a beautiful homemade card from Erin and beautiful flowers from my parents-in-law....gift from my parents is still forthcoming). It was just a nice day.

Of course, I made cards for mom and mom-in-law, but this time, I had a little help from an apprentice card-a-teer, Erin! Here are photos of the cards she made for her grandmoms:

Erin's First Card - Outside

Erin's First Card - Inside

I was so, so proud of Erin. She made these cards all by herself! (Well, I helped juuust slightly!) She chose to use Mommy's Stampin' Up cardstock (in Pretty In Pink) and stamp sets ("Birthday Best" and "Happy Hearts") and inks (Eggplant Envy and Pink Passion) and the heating gun. Non-SU products used include the clear Versamark pad and what was quite possibly the world's most messy and difficult glitter! Both grandmoms loved their cards, and I was so proud of how well Erin had done. (She was, too!)

And here are the cards from Curtis and I:

Mothers' Day Card, 2006 - Outside

Mothers' Day Card, 2006 - Inside

SU products used include stamp sets ("Mini Messages" and "Sincere Salutations") and cardstock (Almost Amethyst, Certainly Celery, and Pretty In Pink), ink (Pink Passion), square punches (1 1/4" and 1 3/8"), Stampin' Dimensionals, buttons (Pretty In Pink), The Tearing Edge, and the heating gun. Non-SU products used include green and pink Versamark pads, brads, glitter, glue dots, and the amber-colored cardstock.

(and yes, that is my handwriting!)

And on the topic of moms, I told you the other day that a sorority sister of mine and her husband recently adopted a beautiful baby girl. Here is the congratulatory card I made for her:

Outside Card - Jennie's New Baby

Inside Card - Jennie's New Baby

SU products used include: cardstock (Pixie Pink and Pretty In Pink), stamp set ("Baby Talk"), Stampin' Dimensionals, pink gingham ribbon, and The Tearing Edge. The markers, flower brads, cream cardstock, curvy scissors, and mini-glue-dots aren't from SU.

And with that, I bid you a fond farewell as I head off to dreamyland. Have a great night and a wonderful Monday, folks!

(Oh! OnemorethingbeforeIgo....the "Idol" rumor mill tells me that my beautiful Taylor will be singing "You Are So Beautiful" by Joe Cocker this week! He'll also do a song selected for him by the amazing Clive Davis, and also one of his own choosing as well. I would sure love to hear him belt out Amos Lee's "Arms Of A Woman." Hmmm. Oh, and by the way....my heart breaks for Chris Daughtry, and I am still in absolute shock about what happened last week.

OK, goodnight. :)

1 Comments:

At 5/15/2006 09:13:00 PM, Anonymous Anonyme said...

Soul patrol! Soul patrol! So glad you're an AI fan, too. Although I was a huge Chris fan and totally gobsmacked by what happened last week...but not as much as one of my friends who couldn't sleep after the results show.

Happy crocheting, and I'm going to be getting your first package in the mail very soon!

Your SP8

 

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home