My Bloviation Celebration!

"One woman's life journey of love, laughter, and lipgloss..."

lundi, avril 10, 2006

Update On The Status Quo

Bonjour. It's me. More than a day late and definitely a few dollars short. It's been a while, yes, I know.

It's been pretty much normal here Chez Mintlipgloss. Not much new to share. Erin's got a touch of the yucky flu/cold bug, so I stayed home with her today. Curtis and I celebrated five years of marriage (!!!) on Friday. Work's going well (I am the DEU CERTIFICATE QUEEN!) and we're excited about having the family unit over for Easter dinner this upcoming weekend (how is it possible that it's EASTER already?!)

Do you know who Joshua Kadison is? He's fabulous, and I sent him an EMAIL to tell him so and he sent one back. "Painted Desert Serenade" is one of my all-time favorite albums, and it was a huge thrill to get an EMAIL from him. Looks like he's touring in Germany this year, to include a stop in Kaiserslautern, which is a German city with a U.S. Army presence. We were stationed there in the mid-70s when Daddy was Active Duty and I was a wee one. I wish I'd had the chance to experience Germany with an adult appreciation and understanding. It's an amazing place.

On the topic of music, I've discovered someone new and I really want to tell the world about him. His name is Amos Lee and he's great. Check out his website and his MySpace site to learn more about him.

MySpace is just amazing. In the last seven days, I've reconnected with two dear friends from high school. Sean and I were in "The Lunch Bunch" during our senior year, and I am sorry that I didn't really get to know him until then. What a great guy. And a fantastic actor. David was also in the plays with us and we always had a great time. It's been fun catching up with David, and I am really looking forward to talking with Sean more. It's funny how far we've come in the 16 (!!!) years since we've graduated from high school. Still the same people, only smarter and stronger. It's really great to be back in touch with these guys again.

OH! And Shelby, my wonderful new friend who was my fantastic Secret Pal, also is on MySpace too! So cool!

OK, I am off to check on my little sweetie, who, at last check, was conked out and sleeping. :)

1 Comments:

At 4/10/2006 06:15:00 PM, Blogger Knitty Gritty Thoughts said...

Hey Jen!!! I feel so bad, I kept meaning to leave a comment after I got back from being on vacation and life just kept getting in the way! So, I'm sorry, I missed out on the job saga and I felt disappointed for you when I heard what happened. Then I got to be happy when I heard about the new opportunities coming your way.

I hope everything's going well for you and your family!

Happy Knitting!

 

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home