My Bloviation Celebration!

"One woman's life journey of love, laughter, and lipgloss..."

dimanche, avril 30, 2006

Playing A Quick Hand Of Cards...

Hi everyone. As promised, here are a few photos of my recent card creations.

Card For Brenna

A classmate of Erin's, Brenna, recently turned 5 and had a party. Here's the card we made for her. Erin helped. :) I loved these bright, rose-colored stick-on letters, and I'll definitely buy them again. I think they're really designed for scrapbooks, but who cares? If they look good on cards and work well and are pretty, why the heck not? The inside of the card just says "Happy Birthday" (I can't remember which Stampin' Up stamp set I used), and the cardstocks (all from SU) I used were Rose Red, Certainly Celery, and Bliss Blue. The hearts were cut from my Sizzix machine (I really, really love that thing!) When SU discontinued Mint Melody and replaced it with Certainly Celery, I was NOT pleased. I loved that cardstock. I am pleasantly surprised, though, and how much I love Certainly Celery. Alllllmost as much as Mint Melody. For your Mintlipgloss to say this is a huge travesty, yes, I know. I digress, however. Back to the cards...

Cards - April, 2006 Neighborhood Swap

And here are the two cards I briefly mentioned last night. As you know, a large group of us here in my neighborhood (and some former neighbors who have since moved) all do "swaps" on occasion. Most of the time, we just make plain cards that can be used for a variety of occasions. This time, I did birthday cards (a handful of us did). The catch? At least half of the cards had to be masculine-friendly and for male recipients. You'd be amazed at how hard it is to do "guy cards." Anyway, I made 18 each of these two cards. The masculine card was made with the following SU products: cardstock (Bliss Blue, Night Of Navy, and Sahara Sand) and ink (Night Of Navy) and stamp set ("It's A Party"), Stampin' Dimensionals, and The Tearing Edge. The hat was cut from my amazing Sizzix machine, and the brads are from, I believe, Making Memories. I was really not one for brads, but lemme tellya, I likey. I likey a lot. They are easy to use and really make a statement. The feminine card was also made using SU and non-SU products. The "non" first! The pink flower brads were from Making Memories, and the cream cardstock and the curvy scissors weren't SU products. Everything else was. Cardstock? Pretty In Pink and Mint Melody (now retired) and Almost Amethyst. Ink? Eggplant Envy (also retired). Stamp set? "Groovy" (also retired). The inside stamp says "Hippie Birthday." The square punches are also from SU.

Off to watch "Big Love" and get everything ready for tomorrow. Is it really the end of the weekend? Please say it ain't so, Joe! Bunko's tomorrow night, so I am not sure if I'll pop by and post. I'll try! Have a great start to the new week, folks!