My Bloviation Celebration!

"One woman's life journey of love, laughter, and lipgloss..."

mercredi, mars 01, 2006

Wow!

Hi everyone! :)

(Check it out...it's a smiley! In my blog! Yes, friends, your favorite minty chicka is actually SMILING! I mean, yes, I know you're used to her being happy and silly and bloviating for hours upon end about this-and-that-and-whatever, but these last few days have been kinda, well, ick. And I've been rather ick here in BlogVille(tm), too. I think the ick factor is diminishing. Really, I do!)

OK, so today was my first day down in the DEU. And it went well! Of course, I'm not certified yet, but I did do a LOT of reading and research and questioning, which is good. It's good to learn new things and to take risks. Someone said to me a few days ago that life is to be lived...and that life's going to go on regardless, so you might as well at least be an active participant. Well, he was right. So I am an active participant in my new assignment and it's paying off, or at least it's beginning on a good note, which is good. Thank you again guys...for loving me and supporting me. My family, my friends (I love you D(2)), and my awesome BlogBuddies(tm)...wow. You guys are just awesome. Thank you.

(Oh, and here's a fun and exciting DEU fact that I didn't know! Did you know that if you're an NS3 on a DEU cert and you later come up on another DEU cert for the same type of job with the same type of appointment and working conditions, you can be an NS3 for that job, too?! Who knew?! I bounced up to my old office and told my boss this like it was some sort of newly uncovered fossil from the ancient past, and she just laughed. "Yes, Jen, I knew that. But I am so happy that you had such a good first day!" And yes, I know this makes nooooo sense whatsoever to those of you outside the Federal HR world. But hot dammit, I learned it today and I'm happy!) :)

OK...let's talk about "American Idol" and the snore-fest of an episode last night. (*yawwwwwwwwwwwn*) Basically, my opinions haven't changed. Paris and Mandisa are my favorites for the ladies hands down. Although Lisa is a very close third. Katharine's got an amazing voice, but I don't think she did as well last night. Hell, none of them really did. I hope my guy Taylor and the boys are more alive and entertaining tonight than our ladies were last night. AND NO MORE COUNTRY SONGS, dammit. My picks for Thursday's female vote-off are Brenna (please God, let it be Brenna) and Heather, although I wouldn't be sad or surprised to see Melissa go, either.

I am off. Have a great night, everyone! :)