My Bloviation Celebration!

"One woman's life journey of love, laughter, and lipgloss..."

vendredi, mars 31, 2006

One Year Ago Today...

Hi everyone. I didn't want to say anything in particular, but I did want to make a special mention that it was one year ago today that two important events took place. The beautiful Terri Schiavo ended her long, horrible plight and returned to Heaven and I sent a note to someone from my past asking to be forgiven and attempting to invoke a healing dialogue. While I fear the world hasn't changed for the better in this past year, I know Terri is worlds happier and is enjoying every joy and blessing of Heaven. I wish I could say that her death and the heartbreaking situation the cruel and inhuman monster to whom she was espoused placed her in had changed the world somehow...maybe made us more compassionate or somehow more inclined to protect human life...I'm afraid that's, sadly, not the case. And as for my former friend...well he never replied and that's OK. What mattered most was that his heart heard my message. I believe it did. Someone more famous than me said recently that forgiveness doesn't have to be asked for in order to be given. And so it is.

God bless Terri Schiavo and the Schindler and Vitadamo families today and always. Their book about Terri's life, "A Life That Matters: The Legacy Of Terri Schiavo," is now available. Please pick that up. And please never forget that all human life is precious and beautiful. Our world is in a dangerous spiral, and the vitality and beauty of precious life seems to lose more and more recognition every day. It's up to us to change things. One heart at a time.