My Bloviation Celebration!

"One woman's life journey of love, laughter, and lipgloss..."

jeudi, mars 16, 2006

Jennifer-By-The-Bay, Part Trois

Well, today's my last day in frigid, frosty Seattle. Class ended well (although I stuck around for a bit to discuss transmutations) and I feel like I am going to go back better able to make a contribution to our DEU. I am really glad I came to this training. I just wish it'd been closer to home. I can't wait to get back tomorrow to my amazing family. Curt, Erin, and Goo-Doggy...Mommy misses you guys soooo much!

Nothing much new to report today. I stayed up too late last night (after having my share of beers at the hotel's free happy hour), so it will feel goooooood to lay down and rest. I think tonight I'll stick close to the hotel...read a bit, crochet, etc. I feel badly that I didn't get much of an opportunity to shop for anyone while I was here (to include my wonderful Secret Pal, who, I'm certain, thinks I've forgotten allllllll about her!) I always try to bring back knick-knacs for those I love whenever I go TDY. Oh well. Given the cold and the damp (and my lack of both a directional sense and a rental vehicle), any shopping plans I had were basically doomed from the start. I didn't want the hassle of a rental car, given the fact that it costs an arm and eight legs to park, both here at my hotel and downtown at the Federal Building. Ah....coulda, woulda, shoulda.

(Oh, I meant to tell you this yesterday. There's an amazing little deli in the Wells-Fargo Building downtown. It's called Georgio's Subs and they're awesome. I had lunch there every day because their salads are DELICIOUS! If you're in downtown Seattle and have a hankerin' for a salad or a sub, GO THERE!)

So, like I said, not much more to share with you, so instead of bloviating on and on about absolutely nothing, I'll spare you the e-rhetoric (and Blogger the bandwidth) and say goodnight. Hope you've all had a great week. Next stop, Kansas City!

(Isn't there a song about Kansas City with the lyric "Kansas City, here I come..."?)