My Bloviation Celebration!

"One woman's life journey of love, laughter, and lipgloss..."

mardi, mars 28, 2006

Cautious Optimism?

OK, so I had my job interview this morning. And I think it went well. I really do. So why is it, then, that I am so afraid to actually think that I've got a shot here? The people who interviewed me seemed very interested in the things I had to say. They took beaucoup notes, made sure to ask me to extrapolate on certain things, and seemed to enjoy meeting me. This type of work sounds wonderful - it's an opportunity to expand on my Federal HR skills and talents while cultivating new ones. Without naming names, I'll simply say that this is THE agency AT which most people in my discipline wish to work, so I am thrilled to have the opportunity. And although I think I did do well, I'm too afraid to let myself believe that it could really happen. They expect to make their decision in the nexct four weeks (FOUR WEEKS!! HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO WAIT THAT LONG?!), and I'll be sure to let you all know what I find out. Please keep those fingers and toes crossed for me.

(As part of the interview, they placed me in a room by myself with a standalone PC and left me to write an essay. While I was typing, someone popped in and said, in an excited voice, "Hi there! Congratulations! Welcome to TheNameOfTheAgencyDeleted!!" Does she know something I don't...?)

I'm beat, so I am off to snuggle up to my family unit. Before I go, I'm behind on my "Idol" blogging, so here's my recap of tonight in a nutshell. As always, my Taylor was naturally fantastic. Paris and Elliott were the only other two performances tonight worth anything (and DAMN, Paris was good...work it, sister!) Although it should be Bucky that leaves us tomorrow night, I'm almost positive it will be Lisa. I was surprised that Katharine and Chris did as poorly as they did, but they are strong enough (as are their fan bases) that they won't be going anywhere anytime soon. Ace is skating by solely on his looks at this point, which is a shame because he really can sing. He's not showing that, and it's unfortunate. And even though I think Mandisa is wonderful, she way, way overdid that song tonight. Although it won't be tomorrow, Kellie's time needs to end. SOON.

That's it - I am off. Have a great one, everyone. And please, LEAVE ME COMMENTS! Please?

1 Comments:

At 3/29/2006 10:10:00 AM, Anonymous Anonyme said...

Good luck with your interview!! I really hope you get the job at said Agency! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

Your Secret Pal

 

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home