My Bloviation Celebration!

"One woman's life journey of love, laughter, and lipgloss..."

jeudi, février 09, 2006

A Proud Mommy

Well, today was Erin's first-ever parent-teacher conference. Let it be known that I am officially the mother of the world's smartest and most amazing four-year-old! Her teacher told us over and over that she was thrilled with Erin...that she was "very smart for her age" and that she was an "absolute joy" to have in class. She also repeated more than once that Erin "cracked them up" (meaning her and her assistant teachers) with all of her funny little stories. Her teacher gave us a sheet that detailed all of the essential skills for little ones of that age (i.e., self-maintenance, recognition of letters/numbers, ability to understand and replicate simple patterns, etc.) and Erin passed each with flying colors. She excelled in social interactions (and anyone who knows me will say "Gee Jen, I wonder where she got THAT from!"). It wasn't halfway into the meeting that I broke down and just cried. Cries of pride and joy. I am so proud of her. The whole conference (and seeing their huge classroom and knowing that this is where Erin spends her days) just overwhelmed me. It did my heart good. I am all gooey inside.

We leave tomorrow for our Marriage Encounter weekend, and we're really excited. Erin's godparents (a devout Catholic man who works with Curtis and his even-more-so devout and lovely wife) bought the weekend as a gift for us last year after they went on an Encounter weekend themselves. We are really excited.

Sissie received my square and included it in her beautiful comfortghan for her friend with breast cancer. I am so honored to be a part of this blanket. Rose remains in my heart and prayers, and I hope this beautiful afghan warms her, body and soul, and that she returns to health soon.

Thanks for leaving me comments, everyone. I love comments, so keep 'em comin'! Have a great weekend, everyone!

1 Comments:

At 2/13/2006 02:02:00 PM, Blogger Knitty Gritty Thoughts said...

Congratulations! How wonderful to receive such lovely comments on your little girl. It's such a wonderful reflection on the parents who raised her =)

 

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home