My Bloviation Celebration!

"One woman's life journey of love, laughter, and lipgloss..."

mardi, février 14, 2006

Happy Valentine's Day!

Happy Valentine's Day, everyone! I hope that you and your snuggle partner of choice have had a romantic and wonderful day!

My Valentine and I had a wonderful evening. He made me a yummy dinner of sherried pork and long grain rice (ask me for the recipe - you won't be sorry!) and spoiled me with beautiful gifts:

2006 Valentine's Day - Gift #1

2006 Valentine's Day - Gifts #2 Through #6

Peach roses hold a very special significance in our relationship. They were a pre-Valentine's Day gift, arriving in our home on February 12th. :) The other gifts were actual Valentine's gifts. A little romance, a little chocolate, a little Idol (hi Bo!), and Jen's a happy girl. Check out the MINT Pirouette cookies and the adorable little fondue-for-two set. :)

In addition to the roses, another surprise "early Valentine" made it's way to me yesterday via the United States Postal Service. I have been "Secret Pal'ing" a wonderful woman on the west coast, and I've had a ball chatting with her and spoling her. Imagine my surprise when she turned the tables on me and sent ME a gift! :) It was just her way of thanking me for being so kind. Made my heart leap. Wow. What a wonderful thing to do - care for the sake of caring! Check out what she sent to me:

Surprise Valentine!

And, of course, no Valentine's Day could be complete without a homemade Valentine!

A Valentine For My Valentine!

This was one of my Valentine gifts for my Valentine. :) Of course, I used my new Sizzix machine (LOVE that thing!) and lots of Stampin' Up products. Those SU products included the new "Alphabet Soup" stamp set, "Real Red" ink, cardstock in "Real Red" and "Pretty In Pink," and Stampin' Dimensionals. The curvy scissors and cream-colored cardstock are from Michaels.

And with that, I am off to snuggle with my Valentine! Happy Heart Day, friends!