My Bloviation Celebration!

"One woman's life journey of love, laughter, and lipgloss..."

mercredi, février 22, 2006

Happy Birthday To Me, Part Deux...

Today's my birthday! 34 years ago today, I was born. Thanks so much to all of you for the birthday greetings. It was a good day. My hubby's making me a yummy late birthday dinner, and I had a wonderful birthday lunch with the beautiful women in my office. I am so blessed to be surrounded by love. One of my colleagues made me a homemade-from-scratch red velvet cake, and it was amazing. I'll share the recipe with you here in just a moment. My parents sent me a gorgeous card and a beautiful burgundy purse. I am happy. :)

OK, you HAVE to try this recipe. TRUST me. It's YUMMY!

CAKE

1. ½ cup of butter
2. 1 ½ cups of sugar
3. 2 eggs
4. 2 tablespoons of cocoa
5. 2 ounces of red food coloring
6. ½ teaspoon of salt
7. 1 teaspoon of vanilla
8. 1 cup of buttermilk
9. 2 ½ cups of sifted cake flour
10. 1 ½ teaspoon of baking soda
11. 1 tablespoon of vinegar

Preheat your oven to 350º. Grease and flour your 9 ½” by 11” cake pan.

Cream together the butter, sugar, and eggs. Make a paste with the cocoa and food coloring, and add it to the creamed mixture. Mix the salt and vanilla with the buttermilk and add it to the mixture, alternating it with the flour. Mix the baking soda and vinegar together and fold this mixture in to the main mixture.

FROSTING

1. 5 tablespoons of flour
2. 1 cup of milk
3. 1 cup of granulated sugar
4. 1 cup of butter
5. 1 teaspoon of vanilla

Cook the flour and milk together over a low flame until it turns thick, stirring constantly. Cool. Cream together the sugar, butter, and vanilla until it’s light and fluffy. Add the cooled flour mix and beat until the frosting is of spreading consistency.


Enjoy!