My Bloviation Celebration!

"One woman's life journey of love, laughter, and lipgloss..."

lundi, février 27, 2006

A Better Day Today...

Hi everyone.

First and absolutely foremost, I want to thank so, so very much those of you who have been so supportive of me these last few days. Thanks for the hugs, the kind words, the prayers, the comments here on my blog...thanks for all of it. It sure does make all the difference when you've got good people in your corner loving and supporting you through rocky times. Thanks, guys.

I feel somewhat stupid being so unhappy. I mean, life is GOOD. My family and friends are healthy and well and live in plenty. Why is this so distressing to me? Why is it that I am not embracing this change? I should be seeing it as an exciting move and a brand new opportunity to continue my professional growth. And I am trying to look at it all more favorably. I'm hoping that by this time next week, my tone'll be 900% different. I'll be endlessly bloviating about how great the DEU world is, how much I love it, and how stupid I was to worry and dread this big move. Tomorrow's my last day upstairs in our main office, and I know it'll be a sad one. But I am going to try, try, and try a little bit more to be positive. Having all of you in my corner sure makes all the difference. Thank you soooo much.

In other news, we've been sitting on pins and needles for the last few weeks or so somewhat dreading the start of the month of March. It's kind of hard to share all of this in a concise, non-bloviating manner (sorry), so I'll try to keep it brief. My husband is an engineer for a l-a-r-g-e international firm, only some of which is union (he's management, so he's non-bargaining). One of the labor agreements is due to expire on March 1st, and the word went out that if a strike ensued, my husband and a handful of his work buddies will have to go out of town for who-knows-how-long. Apparently the word on the corporate street is that talks are going well between the parties, and it's fully expected that a new contract will be signed, everyone will be happy, and Curtis will remain warm and safe with the family unit here in Gardner. I just keep dreading March 1st, though (and, given that it's in less than 48 hours, I'd better buck up and get ready, dontcha think?). I've got a sorority event (Founders' Day) and a baby shower all day Saturday, and am scheduled to go out of town for DEU training later in the month. Yuck. The timing just sucks all around. Please keep your fingers crossed for us that he doesn't have to go, my friends. Just the thought of it hurts. It's funny...we were a long-distance couple for the longest time. We met during my internship and had two amazing months together. Then we got engaged and the two-year long-distance-courtship began. I traveled all over the country for my internship and, without fail, he came to wherever I was every two weeks and stayed with me. He also came to Indianapolis and stayed with my family and I when I had a major surgery (and got very sick afterward) the year after we got engaged. It always hurt when he'd leave to go back home. but I always threw myself into my work and enjoyed our daily talks and e-chats. Now that we're together (and have been since 2001, thankfully!), the whole thought of one of us not being here is just so, so hurtful. It's funny how we become creatures of habit. We get comfortable footing and the second it's shaken, even slightly, we lose our way. Look at me...the changing and soon-to-be-loss of my job is just wrecking havoc on me. I feel like such an idiot. I wish I was better at "rolling with the punches." Everyone tells me I'm stronger than I give myself credit for being. I suppose time will tell. In the meantime, God, I hope he doesn't have to go.

OK, I've bored you all enough with my "poor little Jennifer" blah blah blah session. Thanks for the support, everyone. Just love me. I'll be OK. Just love and hug me and send me good thoughts and energies. :)