My Bloviation Celebration!

"One woman's life journey of love, laughter, and lipgloss..."

mercredi, janvier 04, 2006

She's Growing Up So Fast...

Hi everyone.

Tomorrow, my beautiful little girl starts her first day of preschool. I am both thrilled and sad, excited and horrified, and totally and completely uncertain how these past years have flown by so quickly. Erin is an amazing little girl. She's so funny and so articulate and so incredibly loving. And she is so fascinated with the world around her. I am so excited to see this new chapter in her life begin, and am scared (as are most parents in my position, I am sure) for her as well. Please, world, be kind and loving to my little angel. Let her be happy. Safe. Healthy. Warm. Surrounded by kindness and love and joy. She said a little prayer aloud tonight asking that God protect and keep her safe and help her to learn. I've been saying that prayer every day of her life and will continue to do so until I take my last breath. Tonight, I ask you, my special friends, to say that prayer for my Erin as well. I will do so for those you love, too. I'm on the verge of tears here...just so overwhelmed and happy and filled with love. My mother told me many years ago (long before there were a Curtis and an Erin) that being a parent would be a love like none other...that no human words could ever describe fully the love and joy that you feel as a parent. Truer words were never spoken. Erin has been my blessing. My miracle. Why God blessed me with this beautiful little life, I will never know. What I do know is that she IS my life. I love her so much.

(On the topic of love and prayers, please send yours to the families of the miners lost in this week's horrible tragedy. There simply are not the words to describe the heartbreak, the tragedy, all of it. I was one of the many who awakened this morning thrilled that twelve precious human lives had been saved...and one of that equal mass whose heart nearly collapsed when the truth was heard. You and I cannot begin to fathom the pain and the heartbreak that these people are experiencing. And God willing, we never will. We can, however, love and pray and send good thoughts and energies to them. And at a time like this, those beautiful people need that more than ever. Please, friends. Please.)

1 Comments:

At 1/04/2006 11:21:00 PM, Blogger Knitty Gritty Thoughts said...

Good Luck Erin on your first day of school! My hugs and prayers are with you both, I know it will go great! =)

 

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home