My Bloviation Celebration!

"One woman's life journey of love, laughter, and lipgloss..."

mardi, janvier 24, 2006

Kettle Corn And Bloggin', Baby!

Greetings Blogosphere! Yes, your favorite minty fresh blog neglecter (is that a word?) has returned. As always (blah, blah, blah), I am sorry that it's been so long since I've posted (blah to the n'th power) and I hope you're all happy, healthy, and well (blah extraordinaire).

We are all doing very well. Healthy and happy. Erin is loving being a student, and we're so enjoying hearing all her little stories and seeing all of her little craft projects. Her first parent-teacher conference is next month, and we're excited to go and see her little classroom and talk with her teacher. Later this week, her school is hosting a "Cakes And Karaoke" event with Chris Cakes. Wow - our first school event as parents! :) Whether or not Miss Erin will sing karaoke is anyone's guess, but I sure am looking forward to seeing her in her new "natural habitat" and hopefully meeting some other mommies and daddies, too.

No new BRAC news, but we recently learned that all plans to implement (hell, to even TEACH) the new DoD personnel system are on hold. After all that travel and all that preparation, here we are delayed...until October!! Shame on me for saying this, but I hopehopehope that I am out of there and well in to a new, more amazing job by then. I know that all of this exposure and training is good for me...it's good for me professionally and it makes me more impressive to other non-DoD Feddy HR folks, but yeesh, enough already. At least I'm not TDY this week to Boise with one of my colleagues! Yes, she's off in Spudsville and our boss is on a cruise in the Caribbean somewhere, leaving yours truly to spread minty freshness throughout her little HR office. Lucky me.

More news on the work front. Last week, I attended a local Federal Executive Board subcommittee meeting and did some "Jen-networking." It was a good experience. I always love coming together with other Feddy HR types (I love that phrase - "Feddy HR types!") and talking shop. Hopefully, some good will come of it.

What else is there to share with you...? My new SP is a sweetheart! I am really enjoying EMAILing her and getting to know her. Now I just wish the gal I am SP'ing would respond to my messages! Maybe when she receives her first package from me, she'll respond. Sure hope so.

That leads me to...PHOTOS! Here we go, folks. Feast your big browns (blues, greens, etc.) on these very long overdue photos:

Michelle's Crocheted Cell Phone Holder (Pre-Felting)

This is one of two crocheted gifts I gave Mom this past Christmas (yes, I know I'm late in uploading...shoot me!) I used FOUR skeins of Noro Kureyon and a "J" hook to make "Michelle's Crocheted Cell Phone Holder," a felting pattern that I bought while I was in Columbus. Note how H-U-G-E the bag is compared to my teeny tiny little cell phone! Unfortunately, I didn't take any shots of the bag post-felting. I've asked Mom and Dad to send one post haste, and I'll share it with you as soon as I get it.

Yummy Surprise!

Here's a sweet RAOK surprise I received in the mail last Saturday. Thanks so much to my new friend
Lu
for the gorgeous Millefili Fine yarn.

Cards For Special Folks!

Here are my two newest Stampin' Up creations. The top card is a "thank you" (rather, "merci") card for Lu for the gorgeous yarn! The bottom card is for my new Secret Pal, and I'll include it when I mail off her first big SP SURPRISE this weekend! SU products used on the cards include cardstock in Bravo Burgundy (both cards), White and Lavender Lace (Lu's) and Mellow Moss (SP's). Bravo Burgundy ink and buttons were used on both cards, as was The Tearing Edge. I used SU's white narrow organdy ribbon on the bottom card, and the glue dots and colored pencils aren't from SU. Lu's card was made with the "Paris In The Spring" stamp set, and my SP's card was made with the "Sincere Salutations" set.

Scarves Blocking

Here are some scarves blocking! See the next photo for more info!

Scarves For The 2006 Red Scarf Project

Here are the two scarves I made for the 2006 Red Scarf Project. And yes, I realize that one of them is not red. :) Not entirely red, but it's got red IN it, and that counts, right? The all-red one was made with "Red Hot" Red Heart Super Saver yarn and a "K" crochet hook. I followed the pattern entitled "Textured Scarf Project" from the "Crocheting For Dummies" book. It was pretty easy to follow (hence the "dummies" nomer, perhaps? *grin*), and the texture is really cool. Me likey. The second scarf was made free-hand with an "L" hook (yowza, dat's a big hook!) and Lion Brand's GORGEOUS Lion Boucle yarn in "Jellybean." I hope the recipients of my scarves enjoy wearing them as much as I enjoyed making them.

Breast Cancer Square

My new friend Sissie from Crochetville asked that we contribute 12" crochet squares to her so that she could stitch them together to make a comfortghan for a friend with breast cancer. Here's mine. I used a "K" hook and "Petal Pink" Red Heart Super Saver yarn. The square is the "Lacy Cross" square from Jan Eaton's awesome book, "200 Crochet Blocks For Blankets, Throws, And Afghans" book. I will say a prayer over this square tomorrow for Sissie's special friend, and I ask that you say one as well. Her friend is only 30. 30. So, so sad. Lots of prayers and love needed.

And lots of SLEEP needed, which is where I am going riiiight now. As soon as I finish this taaaaaaaaaaaaasty kettle corn, I am off to Dreamyland! Sorry it took so long to update, folks. And yes, my SP, I know I owe you an EMAIL! :) I will send one tomorrow. I promise. Have a great night and a great Wednesday, friends!

2 Comments:

At 1/25/2006 01:05:00 AM, Blogger sissie said...

Jenn the square is beautiful!! thank you so much for helping me on this. once I get it put together I will post a pic of it for everyone to see at crochetville and my blog also. and if you like you can post it here also:) Hugs, sissie

 
At 1/25/2006 12:02:00 PM, Anonymous Anonyme said...

Hi!! Great pics! I love the way crochet'd things look. You're inspiring me to learn! My husband will be so thrilled, yet another hobby! ;)

Your Secret Pal.

 

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home