My Bloviation Celebration!

"One woman's life journey of love, laughter, and lipgloss..."

mardi, décembre 27, 2005

Insanity In Indianapolis....

(note to self...the next time you plan to take your wee one and family unit to the world's largest museum for children, do so on a workday/schoolday, at about 10-ish in the a.m. Perhaps there'll be less unsupervised children, white trash adults, and general mass chaos...)


Yep, we went to The Children's Museum yesterday. First and foremost, let me say that this place is absolutely amazing. There's so much to do and there are so many different exhibits that promote learning and self-development. It's fun for the wee ones and fun for us big folks, too. However, it most certainly is NOT fun to be surrounded by immature adults and their pooly behaved children. It is your responsibility if you are a parent to ensure that your children are safe and conducting themselves appropriately at all times. How, as a parent, someone wouldn't WANT to do that is beyond me. However, that abounded yesterday at The Children's Museum. More often than not did I see parents lagging behind their children, not disciplining them when they were running away or doing things they shouldn't or bumping in to or harming other people. Also more often than not did I see children old enough to know better completely and totally disregarding the published rules of both the Museum and its various exhibits. On more than one occasion, I feared for Erin's safety. She is a small child. Bigger kids don't often realize their own strength, and I can't tell you how many times a bigger child (or bigger kids) were doing something right around us that frightened me. As such, I really didn't enjoy the experience yesterday. Even with Curtis and I and my parents both supervising Erin, we were still victim to the misconduct of other people's children and the complete and total failure of their parents to parent them. I will definitely bring Erin back there someday, but definitely not on a day where the place is likely to be overfilled. It's just not worth it.

(And I am too much of a "Johnson County Brunette" for my own good, I guess. Yikes...some of the PEOPLE that were there. I realize this makes me sound like a total snob, but good GOD.)

OK, on to other topics. I am six rows in to Beth's Little Star Afghan and so far, so good. Also, it had been ages since I'd been to Keystone at the Crossing. YOWZA, do they have some good stores out there! I did a little post-holiday shopping at Crate and Barrel for the family unit and some selfish splurging on myself at Sephora. We're headed back out today to do more post-holiday shopping. I think a trip to the Build-a-Bear Workshop is in Miss Erin's future. :) The weather is sunny and clear for the first time since we've been home, so it should be a good day to be out!

Be well, folks!

1 Comments:

At 12/27/2005 11:20:00 PM, Blogger Knitty Gritty Thoughts said...

I totally have to agree with you on the child disciplining. I never quite understand when it became appropriate to let your children run around like maniacs and not discipline them! Oh wait, it's not appropriate and totally rude! Merry Christmas to you (a bit belated!) and I'd love to hear what you got from Crate and Barrel and Sephora, I love those stores! =)

 

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home