My Bloviation Celebration!

"One woman's life journey of love, laughter, and lipgloss..."

lundi, décembre 26, 2005

Happy Day After Christmas!

Hi everyone! Happy-Day-After-Christmas to all! We hope that you and yours had a wonderful day yesterday and that you're enjoying this special time with those that you love. Be healthy and well, friends.

We had a wonderful day yesterday. Just being home is so wonderful. The gifts are just the icing on the cake. Today, we're braving the cold and rain to take Erin to The Children's Museum. I love that place. I enjoyed going there so much when I was younger, and I am thrilled to get to see Erin experience it for herself, too. We're also planning on hitting some after-Christmas sales!

Quick crochet-catchup....the blue and gray variegated scarf you saw a few posts back was a gift for my father. He loved it. Erin loved her mittens and scarf, which I need to photograph and add here to the blog. I've long had my eye on a gorgeous "Sex And The City" hat in the "Just Hats" book, and Mom got me a ton of Lion Suede (in gorgeous "Fuchsia"!) for the project. I'm also going to try (TRY...I can't make any promises!) the "Little Star Afghan" again. This time, I'll follow Beth's directions straight and not try to do any of the improvements that folks over at Crochetville suggested. I'd love to try to have it done soon and gift it to Erin for her first day of school (one week from Thursday!!!). Her school colors are royal and gold and the mascot is "The Stars," so I can't think of a more fitting gift. Will I (a) make it in time, or more importantly (b) even get the pattern right this time? We shall see....

Off to bathe the kiddo (and hop in the shower myself). Have a fantastic day, folks!