My Bloviation Celebration!

"One woman's life journey of love, laughter, and lipgloss..."

jeudi, décembre 08, 2005

"Bloggin' In A Winter Wonderland..."

Greetings from the land of snow and ice! We got hit with our first major snowstorm of the season throughout the day yesterday and in the overnight hours. Here are some shots we took early this morning:

First Big Snowstorm - Bundt Cake Table

Here's our lovely outdoor table. Is it me, or does it look like a snowy bundt cake?

First Big Snowstorm - Poor Spongebob!

Here's Erin's poor Spongebob Squarepants outdoor table. Suppose the little guy's dreamin' of warmer days down in Bikini Bottom about now?

First Big Snowstorm - Erin's Playpark

And here's a shot of the left portion of our back yard and Erin's playpark.

We're thinking we got about 10 inches. Of course, my agency thinks yet again that delaying our start time by two hours makes ALL the difference when driving in on snowy roads complete with moronic drivers crawling at snail's pace. No thanks. That's why God invented annual leave. My lovely boss called me about 10:00 last night to tell me that we were on a two-hour delay, but to watch local TV this morning for any updates. One channel showed a four-hour delay, and the others showed the two-hour delay. Doesn't matter...I'm on an eight-hour delay because I am not going in! My boss isn't in yet, so I'll keep trying to call her and let her know that I'm not braving the cold (6 degrees, HELLO!) and snow to come ALLTHEWAYIN to KC from Gardner. No thanks.

As you can see, my digital camera has finally returned to the human race. Here are some photos I've been wanting to share with you for a few days...

Bunko Prizes

I told you on Monday that I was part of a Gardner/Olathe Bunko group and that December was my month to host. The ladies had a good time and everything went over very well. I won two bunkos and the passaround prize! Here's a shot of the prizes I bought for the party. Everyone seemed happy with the prizes, so I think I'z dun good. :) For the most bunkos (I had two, someone else had three - dammit!), the prize was a special, home-made gift set from Sunrise Soap here in Gardner. I love that store. Judy's fantastic, and the stuff smells SO GOOD. Let me put it to you this way, I've turned on my colleagues, sorority sisters, and Indianapolis friends on to Sunrise. They all love the stuff! And to think, I lived here over a year before I ever even stopped in! Drove by it a thousand times, but I never went in! OK, anyways, prizes! Our first place winner got a "Perfect Christmas Wallflowers Continuous Home Fragrance" in "Spice" from Bath and Body Works. Our second place winner got a "White Barn New York Mini Filled Candle" in "Fresh Baked Cookie," also from Bath and Body Works. Our third prize winner got a yummy Beanpod candle in "Cinnamon Bayberry." Our booby prize winner got a Burt's Bees lipgloss in "Strawberry." Finally, the passaround prize (which I won, and promptly traded for the cookie candle!) was a "Perfect Christmas Square Present Scented Candle" in "Spice" from Bath and Body Works. The girls all loved the prizes and the food was yummy and we had a good time. I love playing hostess!

I also mentioned before that I'd crocheted a scarf for Curt's mom as a Christmas gift. Here's a shot of it...

Scarf For My Mother-In-Law

This came out really nicely and I am really proud of it. The Lion Brand Yarn Company sells a "Crochet For A Cause" kit consisting of a skein of "Chunky USA" yarn in "Cherry Blossom," a large hook (size "P"), and a shower card showing you how to examine your breasts. Because Mom Smith is a girly-girl and because I thought she'd like the scarf (and I want to keep her healthy!), I thought this would be a good gift for her. I really hope she likes it.

On the topic of crocheting, the Secret Pal 6 event has just ended. My wonderful secret pal was Mindy! Thanks, Mindy, for everything! :)

I think I'll try to call my boss again. More later, I'm sure. Stay warm and safe, everyone!

2 Comments:

At 12/09/2005 09:06:00 AM, Blogger Knitty Gritty Thoughts said...

Wow, look at all the snow! You're table sure looks like a snowy bundt cake! How fun! The crocheted scarf is just beautiful, I know Curt's Mom will love it!

 
At 12/10/2005 12:51:00 PM, Blogger Elisabet said...

Hey girl. I changed my site name. The show was sooo fun. Just so beautiful.

 

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home