My Bloviation Celebration!

"One woman's life journey of love, laughter, and lipgloss..."

dimanche, novembre 20, 2005

Just A Quick Pop-In

Hi everyone. Just stopping in to say howdy ("howdy!"). It's been a nuts last few days. Here's a rundown, in brief, of what's new in the life of your favorite minty miss:

* A former colleague and very sweet, sweet spirit passed away unexpectedly this week. Due to family illness (Curt's been sick), we were unable to attend the services yesterday. My heart goes out to Dana's surviving family and friends. May God bless you and keep you close in your hour of sadness and loss. And Dana, Heaven is an even warmer and sweeter place with you there. Thank you for being my friend while you were here. You will be missed.

* "Legally Blonde" and "Madagascar" are great movies. New to the Smith household, and enjoyed by all. Echoed throughout our home are continued repeats of "We like to move it, move it..."

* I've spent the week developing training on the new DoD-wide personnel system, and am sick-to-death of it. I'm behind the eight ball (was supposed to be ready to teach it this upcoming Tuesday...yeah, right) and am so incredibly ready to be done with it (and this job altogether). Instead of working on the training, I spent one entire day this week job surfing and putting in for HR positions all over the city. Two big HR positions with a certain, unnamed (but mega important) Federal HR agency close this week, and you'd better believe I'll be applyin'. More on this to come.

* Bo-Bice-Of-My-Heart is in the latest "People" magazine with a beautiful shot of his precious family together. Caroline is just lovely, and there aren't the words to describe how gorgeous their new son is. Just beautiful. What a blessing. I pre-ordered his brand new dualdisc today at Borders, and I can't wait for it to come! (December 13th is how many days away?) I have it on good authority that he'll be making some television appearances around that time ("The Tonight Show With Jay Leno" on the 5th, the "Billboard Music Awards" on the 6th, either "The Today Show" or "Live With Regis And Kelly", or maybe both, on the 9th, and an unnamed show on the Oxygen network on the 11th) to market the album. Oh, and Bo's also a candidate for "Best Reality Star" at the VH1's "Big In '05" awards show airing in early December (can anyone EMAIL me the date?) Please go to the VH1 website now and cast your vote for Bo!

* Carrie Underwood's new album is amazing. I'm diggin' "Before He Cheats." Good stuff indeed. Watch the girl get a Grammy for Best New Artist. Just watch.

* An old, dear friend from back home is now online. Welcome to the Blogosphere, Andrea. Hope you enjoy the stay! Everyone, please stop by her blog and say hello!

I'm sure there's more to post, but I'm exhausted and tomorrow's going to be a bear of a day, so off to bed I go. Have a good one, folks!