My Bloviation Celebration!

"One woman's life journey of love, laughter, and lipgloss..."

samedi, novembre 05, 2005

The Apple Doesn't Fall Far From The Tree...

...and that's all I've got to say about it. I refuse to let the ignorance and idiocy of others adversely affect me. I just refuse. God has given me only so much energy and time today. I won't waste one second more of it on those people. They're just not worth it.

(If you can't tell, I've not had a good day. Not at all. I am so over-the-top furious right now that it's not even funny. But to waste both my energy and the bandwidth of this blog to bloviate about it would be truthfully, both a waste of my resources and your time and energy as a reader. So, fuck it, it's over and I'm done. Unhappily done, but done nonetheless.)

Hi everyone. Sorry that you've had to wait several days for a post only get one filled with vitriol and ugly. The last few days haven't been pleasant. I'm still not back on "Kansas City time" after having traveled so much in the last few weeks. I'm not sleeping well, and I've really not felt like myself ever since I've been home. Curtis is coming down with something, and I feel like I may have the trappings of an early flubug as well. (*sigh*) Not good. My girls were throwing one of our famous adult toy parties last night, and I had to skip out last second. I just didn't have the oomph to go, and boy did I feel like an asshole about it. I love those girls dearly and muchly...I just didn't have the energy to make it. It turns out that having stayed home was the best thing. I got a phone call from an old, dear friend. Someone I was once close to passed away suddenly after what you and I would commonly refer to as a "routine illness." His body, as I understand it, just failed to respond to the medicine they gave him, and he just gave out and passed away. He was only 34 years old. So, so sad. I wish I'd been a stronger person when I knew him and had been more forgiving and less quick to turn inside and run away at the first sight of conflict or misunderstanding. Perhaps had I been the better person, he and I would have remained friends. It was good to hear from my dear friend last night...it'd been ages since I'd heard her voice. I just wish it had been under happier circumstances.

I am so, so sad.