My Bloviation Celebration!

"One woman's life journey of love, laughter, and lipgloss..."

lundi, novembre 14, 2005

Adventures In Felting

Well, I did it! I actually felted something! I've wanted to try felting for the longest time. Unfortunately, there aren't a whole lot of felted crochet patterns out there. I did stumble in to one that I thought was adorable, Deneen's "Marvelous Fulled Mini Tote," and I just couldn't resist it. The bag came out nicely. The dimensions pre-felting were 12" across and 10" tall. Here's a photo:

Deneen's

And here's what my little tote looked like post-felting:

Deneen's

Given it to do again, I'd have given it more than one spin through the felting cycle. Still, I'm pleased with it. It's so tiny and cute! It's new dimensions are 8" across and 8" tall. I used Paton's Classic Merino Wool yarn in Winter White.

I think I know exactly who I will gift this little sweetie to... :)

2 Comments:

At 11/14/2005 07:40:00 PM, Blogger Deneen said...

The bag came out great! Nice job.

 
At 11/16/2005 05:21:00 PM, Blogger Tandi said...

That turned out great! It's such a good, quick and easy pattern. I just finished one last night in burgandy.

 

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home