My Bloviation Celebration!

"One woman's life journey of love, laughter, and lipgloss..."

dimanche, octobre 23, 2005

It's Just Five More Days, Jen...

OK, here we go again. Pardon the mess, folks. Watch it - there's my suitcase! And please don't mind that towel and blanket on the floor. Gonna put that in the washer as soon as the dresses in there get finished. Yep, you guessed it...I'm packing...YET AGAIN...(*le sigh*) I am so incredibly tired of all of this travel. I'll be so glad to see this week end and to be back home with my family. I fly out tomorrow to Indianapolis, and I hope with all my heart that it's the last time I have to travel (for work, anyway) for a long, long time.

Fair warning, friends...your Jennifer's not feeling very minty fresh tonight. OK, I won't lie. I'm a crabapple. I'm dreading traveling, I haven't studied in days and I feel guilty as hell about it, my ass hurts, my back hurts, you name it. And, God love my dear husband, he burned one of my Longaberger baskets tonight and destroyed it, the protector, and the liner. I've had this basket (the "Salt And Pepper" basket, now, unfortunately, retired) on our stove for AGES. The "Fruit Medley" liner so adorably graced my sweet little basket, with it's adorable little "Heritage Green" salt and pepper shakers inside. Well, folks, the entire sha-bang is retired...basket, liner, protector (duh), and salt and pepper shakers. Retired. Unavailable for purchase. Off the primary market. To say that I am displeased about that is a huge understatement. I know he didn't mean to do it (God love him, he was trying to be a personal Emeril Lagasse for us and make us a yummy dinner), but I'm still a bit sad. I think I'd be a little less grouchy about it if my entire lower half didn't ache like hell (where the fuck is my Extra Strength Tylenol?). Growl.

On a happier note, today was our neighborhood's Halloween party for the kiddos. Erin was ADORABLE as a little she-devil, complete with floofy red skirt, bright red tights, sparly red shoes, and a pitchfork! She won a set of cupcakes in a "Ghostbusters" cake walk, and enjoyed a spooooooky story about witches and their potions! It was a cute little get-together. It was very well-attended, given that it was an outdoor event on a THIRTY-SOMETHING DEGREE DAY. Zoikes, it was cold out there! I sure hope it warms up a bit before Halloween night so our little devil can be out and about and comfortable on the trick-or-treat path!

I discovered an artist today who I really like. Check out Daniel Spottswood! I absolutely loved his comic on the cover of this Lifestyles section of this morning's "The Kansas City Star." Looking forward to seeing more of his work in the future.

Speaking of artists I enjoy, Jim Brickman had a show on XM Radio tonight. Unfortunately, I just caught about the last half of it. It was great hearing him talk about some of his songwriting pursuits and hearing his music live. He's fantastic. I've liked him for a long, long time. He's coming to Kansas City next month and I am hoping that my husband will get us tickets. I've dropped many a hint, so we'll see. :)

Off to get the rest of my clothes in the laundry (and then into my suitcase). Hope that you all have a fantabulous week, friends. Please remember to LEAVE ME COMMENTS! :)

-Jen

1 Comments:

At 10/24/2005 09:27:00 AM, Blogger Knitty Gritty Thoughts said...

Have a great trip!!!

 

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home