My Bloviation Celebration!

"One woman's life journey of love, laughter, and lipgloss..."

samedi, octobre 01, 2005

Happy Fall, Ya'All!

Hi everyone. Wow, October already. This has been such a fast year! Hell, it's been a fast WEEK! Yes, I know I'm behind on posts. Yes, I'm sorry. Yes, I beg your forgiveness. Yadda, yadda, yadda.

Last weekend, I slipped and fell in our kitchen. Given that my posterior end is rather large and padded, I felt fortunate that that's where I fell...and where the emphasis of the impact hit. What I didn't know is that six days later, my ass would STILL be hurting. I can at least walk now, but going up and down the stairs is painful. All this just as I plan for a month of travel. Delightful! Everyone in my little circle has really been taking the initiative to stick it to me, too. "Sorry that's such a pain in your ass, Jen! Huh huh!!" (*rolls eyes*) OK guys, make light of my butt misery, why don'tcha? Enjoy running up and down those steps while I take each one individually and curse ever having gone downstairs in the first place! (Do you suppose that it's normal to have "pain in your ass" six days after falling on it? Could I, literally, have "broken my ass"? Everyone's asked me why I've not gone to the ER for a medical opinion. Although I probably should, the embarassment factor would be huge. HUGE. Like my ass, which the doctors and nurses would inevitably laugh at over coffee in their staff lounge as the discharge nurse signed my papers and sent me home. Nooooo thanks. If I wanted to be humiliated like that, I'd...well, I don't know what I'd do.)

Several hours after my fall, I was doing laundry and not really paying attention to what I was doing. I'd left my cell phone in the pocket of a pair of slacks and, well, let's just say that bad boy is VERY clean right now. Very clean and VERY dead. A trip to see the fine folks at T-Mobile is on today's docket. I can't BELIEVE that I did that.

I've spent more time crocheting in the last week than I have studying, which is bad, bad, and more bad. Work is very low on my "happy place list" right now. I am going to have to travel for three weeks out of this month for work-related purposes, and I am not happy about it. I won't go in to much detail about two of the weeks, but, as I've mentioned previously, that final week is the formal review course for the PHR exam. So anyways, it's off to Indianapolis next week, Columbus two weeks later, and then back to Indianapolis for the last week of the month. My boss and one of my lovely colleagues are accompanying me next week, and Mom and Dad are having them over for dinner, which will be so, so nice. I am so blessed to be close to my colleagues, and one of them is even close to my Mom, so it will be great to just have these people together that I care for and enjoy so much. This same colleague is also a crocheter, so she and I have planned to hit the craft stores in Indy and take them for what they're worth yarn-wise. :)

Speaking of crocheting, I finally finished my "blanket for a very special someone." I've chosen not to reveal this person's name or show any photos of the blanket because it's personal...and this person is someone...well, never mind. I've been yapping about this blanket for ages, so now I will officially shut up about it and say that it's finished. (*smile*) I will tell you that I used Lion Brand Wool-Ease for the blanket, and it worked up beautifully. It wasn't scratchy, which I feared initially, and for a lightweight yarn, the blanket was really warm. Good stuff, folks! Now it's back to my Rainbow Starghan, which I've started and ripped out at least five times now!! I love to crochet in the round, but it's difficult for me. Grrr.

And on the topic of "grrr," why aren't you folks leaving me comments? Please, folks, leave me comments! Wait...let me clarify. If you're actually a reader of this blog and enjoy (or don't enjoy, for that matter) my posts/blog/theories, please let me know! If you're a spammer and are only interested in selling me drugs that lengthen my penis, well, please move on. I'm not penis-inclined, and would never use the Internet to buy drugs to supplement it if I were. Weirdos!

I think I'll close up shop for now. Have a great day, folks!

2 Comments:

At 10/03/2005 01:18:00 AM, Blogger Knitty Gritty Thoughts said...

I just wanted to let you know I always stop by your blog and enjoy reading what you have to say! Keep it up and I'll try to say hi more often! =)

 
At 10/03/2005 11:00:00 AM, Anonymous Anonyme said...

At least you don't have a big red scar on your knee! I fell down our stairs about a month or so ago, and now I have a lovely reminder of my clutziness on my knee.

Have fun in Indy. Give some details about the crafty goodness there. I have several friends in Indy and never know when I may need a yarn fix when visiting.

Secret Pal

 

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home