My Bloviation Celebration!

"One woman's life journey of love, laughter, and lipgloss..."

lundi, septembre 19, 2005

Greetings From STOMACH FLU CENTRAL!

Hi everyone. Well, it's been quite an interesting last few days. Mostly good, I should say. Mom and Dad are here from Indianapolis, and they came to celebrate little Erin's fourth birthday. We had a wonderful time...dinner with Curt's parents and an evening at a fun festival up in St. Joseph, and then, of course little Erin's PARTY yesterday (which was precious and fun and adorable). Unfortunately, though I took sick about 9:00-ish last night, and am still fighting the Stomach Flu from hell. Actually, I can't tell you for certain if it's the Stomach Flu or Food Poisoning. Erin's party and cake were catered yesterday, and we all ate the same thing. That was at 12 noon. Flash forward to, oh, 6:30 or so last night, and Mom and Dad sprang for pizza for us and for Curt's family. Curtis and I were the only two who ate this one certain type of pizza. Everyone else had a different kind. Well, everyone else is just fine and after my fun-filled evening of misery, my poor husband came down with the exact same stomach bug today. So is it food poisoning or just an oddly timed tummy bug? Who knows? I spent the better part of the day today in the ER at Olathe Medical Center being treated. I wish I could get Curtis to go. He won't go (he's not much of a hospital sort). After two IVs and some medicine to break my fever, they released me and sent me home. I am actually able to keep down some ice chips and even (woo hoo!) an orange popsicle. If you would, friends, please keep Curtis and I in your thoughts these next few days. Seeing him so sick like this just breaks my heart. I'll keep at him to go to the ER. But your prayers are sure needed and appreciated.

Mom and Dad leave tomorrow to go back home. I'll hate seeing them go. Was sure wonderful having them here.

I'm off to take some more meds and check on my ailing hubby. Take care, friends.