My Bloviation Celebration!

"One woman's life journey of love, laughter, and lipgloss..."

lundi, août 22, 2005

ROAK, Rain And Recovery...

Hi all!

Wow - Monday night already. The weekend flew by SO FAST. God, I needed that weekend! I had a rough go of it last week, and it has felt so amazingly wonderful to be HOME! God, I just love how that word sounds....HOME. It's muggy and rainy here (my sinuses SO appreciate that *sigh*), but there's absolutely nothing like sleeping in your own bed surrounded by the love and laughter of those most dear to you. Every day, I feel so tremendously blessed. Far moreso than I truly deserve. Anyway, before this waxes poetic any longer, I'll just close up shop by saying "howdy everyone" and "hope ya had a great day!"

I've been remiss in publicly thanking the lovely Deb Accuardi for sending me my first-ever in-person ROAK! The week before my trip, I'd been battling a pre-sinus cold (which kicked in to full gear while I was TDY last week, geehowniceofit!), and work wasn't tremendously appealing to me, either. The lovely ROAK of a Japanese Poly Tobi Scarf set arrived mid-week and was a complete pick-me-up. I can't wait to rip it open and get going on it! It's the most unique yarn I've ever seen, and I just love it. Thank you Deb. So, so much! I've gone out and bought some goodies for my first two ROAKs, and I can't wait to get those off and in the mail this week! :) Once they're out the door, I'll come back and post what I've sent. Sure hope my ROAK-ees enjoy the items as much as I've enjoyed getting them! Kindness for kindness' sake. Pretty nice if you think about it...

On the topic of kindness, I saw a story today that really hurt my heart. In an earlier blog post, I told you that I have idolized and adored Olivia Newton-John for practically my entire life. I grew up listening to her tapes, and sang them over and over and over again. Because of her, I've had a lifelong love of singing, and a dream of someday becoming one myself. When she was diagnosed with breast cancer, I, in true-fan mode, was just heartsick and worried. And now, I can't even fathom the worry and sadness she must be feeling. Please keep Olivia and her beloved Patrick Kim McDermott in your prayers. Every ounce of energy devoted to prayer and good wishes possesses a power like none other.

Something that will hopefully laugh as it made me laugh...one of the interns I hired sends me jokes every so often, and one that he sent me today had me laughing and laughing. As you know, I've been engrossed as of late in a work-related, senior-management-dictated project of which I am both weary and unhappy. And, of course, that BRAC nonsense continues to loom over me. So this piece was perfectly timed as I drowned in a sea of insanity at the office today. (Hat tip to my intern M. for the send!) :)

Once upon a time, in a nice little forest, there lived an orphaned bunny and an orphaned snake. By a surprising coincidence, both were blind from birth. One day, the bunny was hopping through the forest, and the snake was slithering through the forest, when the bunny tripped over the snake and fell down. This, of course, knocked the snake about quite a bit. "Oh, my!" said the bunny. "I'm terribly sorry! I didn't mean to hurt you. I've been blind since birth, so I can't see where I'm going. In fact, since I'm also an orphan, I don't even know what I am!" "It's quite OK," replied the snake." Actually, my story is much the same as yours. I, too, have been blind since birth, and also never knew my mother. Tell you what, maybe I could slither all over you, and work out what you are, so at least you'll have that going for you." "Oh, that would be wonderful," replied the bunny. So the snake slithered all over the bunny, and said, "Well, you're covered with soft fur...you have really long ears...your nose twitches...and you have a soft cottony tail. I'd say that you must be a bunny rabbit!" "Oh, thank you! Thank you!" cried the bunny, in obvious excitement. The bunny suggested to the snake, "Maybe I could feel you all over with my paw, and help you the same way that you've helped me!" So the bunny felt the snake all over, and remarked, "Well, you're smooth and slippery, and you have a forked tongue...no backbone and no balls. I'd say you must be either a team leader or possibly someone in senior management!"


Bad, yes I know. So sue me. :)

I'm off to snuggle with my family unit. Have a great night, all!