My Bloviation Celebration!

"One woman's life journey of love, laughter, and lipgloss..."

mercredi, août 31, 2005

Happy Birthday Mom!

Hello everyone.

Wow - I don't even know where or how to begin. My heart is just so incredibly broken and sad for our friends stricken by Hurricane Katrina. I can't even begin to fathom the depth of despair and heartsickness that these folks are experiencing. I want so badly to do something, and yet feel so powerless to help. The coverage of this tragedy is immense, and there's absolutely nothing additional that I can contribute to it (and it's slowly beginning to affect my mental health and spirit, which are so, so saddened right now). I will, though, make a plea to you, my dear friends. Please, I beg of you, send your love, support, and prayers to our brothers and sisters in the south. Give what your heart will allow. Prayer and good energies are needed more than anything. Those last longer and have a more far-reaching impact than any cash or tangible donation. However, if your spirit moves you to donate these much-needed items, please be sure to investigate the charitable interest in which you're investing and make sure it is reputable. Your state's Attorney General's Office should be able to assist you. Or you can check the FEMA website and directly access a listing of reputable philanthropic groups working to help those affected by this tragedy. Tonight, hold close to you those who you love. Thank God for their safety and the warmth and protection of your homes. We are so blessed and fortunate, friends.

On a happier note, today is my amazing, beautiful mother's 60th birthday. HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM! Sixty years. Wow. Just wow. I am so proud of my mother and am so, so thankful that she is the one God entrusted with me. She and I have weathered some tremendous storms, and through all of the rocky times, she was a continual and strong beacon of light. I don't honestly think that I would have survived some of the fates that had befallen me had it not been for her. God blessed me with her as my mother, and I hope that I can be even half the mother to Erin that she has been to me. God bless you, Mom. May you have many, many more happy birthdays!!

I am off to love on my family. Maybe light a blueberry candle and just snuggle up to my husband, daughter, and puppy. My love to all of you, friends. Have a wonderful night!

1 Comments:

At 9/01/2005 02:53:00 PM, Blogger The MacKay Way said...

Thanks for the link to FEMA! I too feel totally helpless. During our own dister here in NYC those few years back atleast i knew what i could do to help (offered my home to nearly a dozen friends and pets who were displaced because they lived downtown!) It's harder being so far away. Thanks again!

 

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home