My Bloviation Celebration!

"One woman's life journey of love, laughter, and lipgloss..."

mardi, juillet 26, 2005

Whoah-Kay....Slow Down And Blog

OK, I'm back. Hello. :) My darling husband's cleaning up after a yummy (and VERY messsy!) dinner, so I am back to chat with you all and hang out for a second. Hope that everyone had a great day!

Work's frustrating (when isn't it?). Yet again, geographically distant colleagues with whom my boss and I are working on a project are unresponsive, lack discipline, and fail to take any initiative whatsoever. And it's frustrating as hell. You know, there are times when I swear I wish I could just shove those people out of my way and do everything myself. It's not right, truthfully...I mean, if we're a team, then we should ALL do our part. But good Christ, I'd rather shoulder all the burden and have a miserably busy week than to continue to have to rely on passionless people. A problem I continue to find in my life is that I have difficulty understanding/working with/being around people who don't view life with the same commitment and gusto that I do. I have a passionate commitment to my Senior Executive and his staff and business line. As such, I feel it's my job to work for their betterment and to challenge red-tape-laden, often bureaucratic policies that stifle innovation and good business growth. Lucky for me, I have a supervisor who feels the same way. Unlucky for both of us, our colleagues don't share that zeal. I'm not going to go on about this any longer, but I will simply say that it's exceptionally exhausting to have to depend on apathetic others to do your job. There. End of story. On to better news.

Tomorrow, D(2) and I are having lunch! I love her dearly. She's just an amazing person. This will be the third week in a row that we've had "girls' lunch out" together (well, it's technically not OUT, but it's together...you know what I mean). Last week, C(1) and D(1) joined us, but both are unavailable tomorrow. Having such wonderful girlfriends is such a joy and a blessing. I am so glad I've met them and have gotten to know them. It's wonderful to see the world through other, more experienced eyes (these ladies are all older and have experienced more of life than I have). They're always able to shine a light on things that I can't find on my own. And they make me laugh...and feel like it's OK to say and be and do whatever I want. I just love them. Everyone should be so blessed and have such great friends. And I know they're reading this right now...so KNOW THAT YOU GUYS ARE THE GREATEST! AND LET'S PLAN ANOTHER GIRLS' NIGHT OUT SOON, DAMMIT! :)

On the topic of friends, the ladies over at the ROAK board continue to amaze me. How wonderful to give and be kind for the sake of making others feel loved and happy. And I've jumped right in, too. I love it. If you're a knitter or crocheter, please consider joining. I think they're still accepting new members.

Speaking of new friends, I want to give a special "shout out" (Waitasec...is it pathetic for a chubby, white, 30-something chick to be giving "shout outs"? Eh...who the fuck cares...?) (where was I?) (oh yeah)...my new pal Sean, who I met over at ISCABBS, is quite the photographer. See here and here and here for proof. Drop him an EMAIL and wish him well on his photo contest! He's a great photographer and I am sure he will do well.

I spent my lunch hour surfing the web today, and I found a wonderful little piece about Fort Benjamin Harrison, the Army base that I called my home for so many years. I've sent the author an EMAIL to thank him for the post. It's small, yes, but it's a piece of home. Gosh, I still can't believe that our little base is closed...and that I'm all grown up. It seems like the years have really flown by, which scares me. Why do I get the feeling that Erin will be married and a mother before I know it? (and yes, for the record, she's only THREE, but still...)

We had a very much needed rainstorm today, reducing our temperatures to (are you sitting down?) the UPPER SIXTIES! What a refreshing change after the God-awful heatwave we've been sweltering beneath these past several days! The only bad news is that the rain meant poor Erin's swim lessons were cancelled tonight, God love her. She's such a big girly...jumping off the diving board and everything (much to the chagrin and horror of her mother!)

OK, it's 10:20 in the p.m. and I am heading off to a good night's sleep. Have a great one, folks!