My Bloviation Celebration!

"One woman's life journey of love, laughter, and lipgloss..."

lundi, juillet 25, 2005

That Jen's Sho' A Hot Momma!

Greetings from THE SUN...or, as Rand McNally and my neighbors refer to it, Gardner! Good GRIEF it's HOT here! The last few days have been excessively hot and muggy and sticky and uncomfortable. I hope that everyone's keeping cool and comfortable and that you're all doing well.

It's been a b-u-u-u-u-u-u-u-u-u-u-s-y last week! I'm sorry I've not been a good little girl and kept up with my blog! (Yeah, yeah Jen...you're ALLLLWAYS sorry!) Work's going well. Busy, but well. My boss' trip was cancelled at the last second (YAY!), returning me back to the world of the "standard workerbee" and not "the boss who has to handle everything when the real head honcho is gone." Not that I mind being the boss (it's actually kinda cool to say "I'm the acting supervisor" - heh!), but it never fails that something inevitably goes horribly wrong the second my boss leaves. This time, it wasn't so bad. Still, though, I am glad to have her back.

We got some sad news on the work front. As I've blogged before, I am a part of a small office (well, a small LOCAL office...our organization spans several geographic sit3es and is really rather large). The women I work with are all so special to me, and we've got one of those really rare and almost-unheard-of relationships in the workplace. We're family. And so when one of is hurting, it's hurtful to all of us. Last year, one of these ladies fell skiing (ironically, she is quite the expert skiier, so no one really knows what the hell happened). She was in Colorado with some friends on holiday, and had to be hospitalized away from her family and all of us. She broke and dislocated her shoulder and arm and leg...was just a mess. We took food over, cooked for her, fussed over her...felt like the right thing to do. Unfortunately, we're called to do that again. Another of my lovely co-workers has fallen and injured herself. She tripped on a dustpan that was left inadvertantly on her basement stairs and fell. Thankfully, she was able to protect her head (and she wasn't holding her small baby...GOD, I just SHUDDER at the thought *shiver*). She broke her leg in two places and dislocated her ankle. God love her. (*sigh*) We're due to hear from her tomorrow after her doctor's appointment to see when we might get the chance to go over and visit. We've planned to bring lunch over from Fiorella's Jack Stack, which is her favorite (and, incidentally, the single most A-M-A-Z-I-N-G barbecue on the PLANET!) I talked with her late last week and got an EMAIL from her today. Luckily, she's surrounded by family and friends and her spirits are high. If you would, though, please pray for my friend. She's the go-go-go sort and being off her leg and immobile is really hurting her spirit. I'll call her S(1). Please just keep her in your thoughts.

Speaking of "kind thoughts," I have met the most wonderful group of people and I'm dying to tell the world about them! Quite some time ago, I saw a link for a group of crocheters and knitters called the Fiber Random Acts Of Kindness club. For the longest time, they weren't accepting any new members, but just last week, the doors flung open and I sauntered happily inside. In just the last 48 hours, I've made two wonderful "RAOK" friends - Noreen and Lisa! Lisa gave me a yummy gift certificate to Adagio Teas (spearmint tea, look out!) and Noreen gave me two of her gorgeous homemade crochet patterns! I am in heaven! :) At Noreen's suggestion, I think I am gonna try and figure out how to enable comments on this blog. Anyone know how? HELP! Anyway, thanks again to Lisa and Noreen! You ladies are the greatest! :)

I'm off - it's taco night Chez Smith. You all have a fantastic night, ok?

Jen :)