My Bloviation Celebration!

"One woman's life journey of love, laughter, and lipgloss..."

dimanche, juillet 03, 2005

It's The Weekend!

Hi all! How's your weekend going? Is it me, or is it VERY hard to believe that it's already July 4th?! (!!!) This has been such a fast year!

It's been a good weekend so far. Thanks to the amazing powers of the Mosquito Deleto and my husband's fantastic grilling skills, our family enjoyed a fantastic dinner at sunset on our beautiful patio Friday night. Curtis has done such an amazing job outside. The yard is just gorgeous. Erin's playpark and sandbox are adorable. The pool is great (althiugh you'll never catch me in a bathing suit!), and I love my swing! We tuned in to my very favorite channel on XM Radio (which is, of course, Watercolors!) and had a totally relaxing evening together. Maggy was back to her usual self by about that time, and it was great having all four of us home together. We always say that "we need to do this more often," and it's really true.

Maggy's doing remarkably well. Other than the little red scar on her belly, you'd never know she just had major surgery. She's back to her loving, nutty, happy, smooch-happy self. Thank you, God, for keeping our little princess safe!

Well, yesterday's "Learn To Knit" class at the Yarn Shop And More didn't go quite as expected. Actually, it didn't go at all. Apparently there was some sort of miscommunication between the staff and the teacher for the class wasn't made aware that she'd been scheduled for a class. (*sigh*) I stuck around for a while and groped all of the beautiful yarns (damned near bought some of that Jelli Beenz yarn!) and enjoyed the atmosphere. Two of their staff actually sat with me and tried to help me figure out how to knit (and I was actually using a kids' knit book to try to teach myself!), but it was to no avail. I'm rescheduled for their July 19th class. So we'll see how that goes. In the meantime, I splurged on some gorgeous yarns to supplement my stash. I bought four skeins of TLC Wiggles (two in Blue and two in Grape), three skeins of the VERY YUMMY Sugar 'n Cream yarn in Hot Green, and three balls of Paton's Canadiana in Stained Glass Variegated. Now, if I could only find a Size 7/4.50 mm crochet hook! Why am I having such a hard time finding one of these? I can very easily find G (4.25 mm) and H (5.00 mm) hooks, but two pretty patterns I've found call for this elusive size 7/4.50 mm hook! Hmmm. Please EMAIL me with any insight you may have as to where I might locate one of these mysterious hooks! :)

My next card swap cards are due next weekend. I really need to get busy on them! I've been using my Mint Melody cardstock from Stampin' Up quite a bit lately. Since that's now a retired color, I think I'll be using it a bit more sparingly now. I love the way cards look with buttons, so I might use those again, too. We'll see! I'll post a photo of whatever I make.

Oh, and speaking of yarn, I took the cute little "What Kind Of Yarn Are You?" quiz over at Quizilla and here's what I found out!

You are Shetland Wool.
You are Shetland Wool.
You are a traditional sort who can sometimes be a
little on the harsh side. Though you look
delicate you are tough as nails and prone to
intricacies. Despite your acerbic ways you are
widely respected and even revered.


Wow - hard as nails and "a little on the harsh side"? Me?

And on that gritty note, I'm off. Bye!