My Bloviation Celebration!

"One woman's life journey of love, laughter, and lipgloss..."

vendredi, juillet 01, 2005

Good, Good, And Good!

Hi everyone! Good news abounds on this lovely summer Friday. After a hellaciously hot last several days, our beautiful little city is experiencing mid-eighties temperatures and sunny, gorgeous skies. It's perfect outside, and we're getting ready right now to grill out and have a fun summer family dinner together.

It's been a good day all around. Miss Maggy did fabulously today. Thanks to all of you who sent your love and prayers for our little princess. She was spayed, of course, and also had her microchip inserted. She's at home with us and is resting. I imagine it will be a day or so before the anesthesia wears off, and she's groggy and sleepy right now, God love her. We'll try to give her a bit of food and water here in about 15 or so minutes, which is good. I imagine she's starving (she's been food-less since about 10:00 last night). To all of you again, thanks for the well wishes. She is going to be just fine! And a special thanks, as always, to the staff at the Gardner Animal Hospital. Kayla, Maggy just adores you. And Dr. Vodraska, thanks for taking the time to talk in-depth with me this afternoon. And thanks to both of you for taking such good care of our little Goo-Dog! (that is her nickname - don't ask!) :)

As you know, I had the day off, and so I enjoyed this fine weather and the time to myself quite immensely. After a stop at a sorority sister's home, I was off! I found this fantastic yarn store in the older part of Overland Park, and if you're in our local area, you really should stop in and check it out. It's called Yarn Shop and More, and it's really fantastic. I love being in yarn stores and surrounded by other crafty, creative people. This afternoon, there were a ton of people, including children, knitting and crocheting, and a class was going on in their back room. Lots of gorgeous knitted and crocheted items hang from the walls, and their yarn selection is fantastic. I drooled over the gorgeous Cascade Jazz and Plymouth Jelly Beenz yarns. YUM! So, so pretty. Anyways, I am going tomorrow to their Beginning Knit class (since teaching myself to do it was OH so effective and going SO, so well *snort*), and I am looking forward to coming to their DEAK nights! What is a DEAK night, you ask? It's a "Drop Everything And Knit" night! They have those once a month...they supply the space, the snacks, and the music, and all you have to do is come and enjoy and knit or crochet! I am really glad I found this place today. Wowsa!

And in another batch of exciting news, my boyfriend Bo Bice married his lovely girlfriend of two years, Caroline Fisher! (see here and here and here and here for more info). I am so thrilled for him! People who find love are so fortunate in life. So many people spend their entire lives looking and hoping and praying to find "that special someone." I thank God that my journey is long over, and that I am surrounded by the loves of my life (my husband, our daughter, our family, and our friends). May Bo and his lovely Caroline Merrin Fisher Bice have many, many years of joy and happiness together.

And with that, I am off to try to give my baby Boston Terrier a sip of wa (-ter, but we call it "wa" in our house...it's a kid thing, don't ask!) and some chow. Ciao to all of you, my friends!