My Bloviation Celebration!

"One woman's life journey of love, laughter, and lipgloss..."

mardi, juin 07, 2005

Sad And Worried

Hi everyone. Well, it's 10:42 in the a.m. on Tuesday. At this time, I'd generally be fast away at the office, deeply involved in this or that project or meeting with whomever about whatever and planning to do this and such. That's not the case today. This Sunday, our little Maggy got very sick. She got better, and then it got a whole lot worse overnight. As I type this to you (from my home office in the basement and not the office), our little baby Boston is an inpatient at the Gardner Animal Hospital, where Dr. Mertz assures me she needs to be right now. If you would, please keep our little girl in your thoughts and prayers today. They think she may have a mild case of Pancreatitis. Her symptoms are indicative of Pancreatitis, but her lifestyle isn't (i.e., we never EVER give her human food, she's not on any new medication, etc. etc.). Dr. Mertz and her staff are great, and I know that Maggy is where she needs to be. But still, it just ripped my heart. Curtis just held me as I cried and assured me that she'd be OK...and I am hopeful she will be. But, still, I'm sad. God love her, her whole little body just shook. And she was so clingy to me. Please, everyone, just say a little prayer for our baby puppy. Thank you. We're supposed to have some news this afternoon on her condition. I'll let you know what we find out.

Maggy's sickness notwithstanding, it was a good weekend. C(1), D(1), D(2) and I had a wonderful time at our little "sex toy party" at C(1)'s house. I had a few friends show up for my Stampin' Up party Saturday. Wish I'd had more people come, but I did get a LOT of amazing stamps (to include "Paris In The Spring" and "Friend To Friend" and "It's A Party") and other stamp-y stuff. I can't BELIEVE they are discontinuing "Mint Melody!" I stocked up on the cardstock. That's pretty, pretty paper! It's just like Longaberger. The second I got "in" to it, they discontinued all of the stuff I liked. Thanks. So, so much. (which reminds me...I need to order their Not-So-Lazy-Susan and the matching Crescent Dishes before they retire this summer!) Anyway, the rest of the weekend was basically uneventful, although I did make a wonderful new friend early Sunday! Erin loves to read, so I took her to Barnes and Noble in Leawood to read her "big kid books" and play in the kid-area. While she was playing, I was trying to learn how to knit out of a book (just imagine the sight...fat girl on floor, covered in yarn and "how-to-knit" books, her big-assed purple knit needles going here-and-there). Anyway, a sweet woman (also named Jennifer!) whose son was playing with Erin came over and saw me struggling. And she spent some time actually teaching me to knit. It was nice...finally, human intervention! I've been trying for weeks now to teach myself how to knit, and it was JUST not happening. Anyway, to Jennifer (the knit queen and mom of adorable Eric), thank you so much for your help! I wish we'd exchanged numbers. If you see this, by some slim chance, EMAIL me!

Nothing new on the work-front. The BRAC buzz is slowly dying. Actually, I think it's just buried temporarily. Life goes on. We return to work and have the same zillion responsibilities and tasks that we had before the list was released, but this winter's going to come quicker than we're imagining and with it, the final list. I'm almost positive we'll be on it. But that's OK. What is meant to be will be. This is in God's hands. All I need to do is leave myself open for whatever God has in store for me. This is hard for me. I'm the general control freak, "get-the-hell-out-of-my-way" type who likes to do her own thing all the time. But that's where faith comes in. I'm reminded of that Josh Groban song called "To Where You Are." In it, he talks about the loss of love. This lyric of the song rings so true here - "And isn't faith believing all power can't be seen?" True. Makes you think. Had I not had faith and given God the chance to work His magic in my life, there'd be no Curtis. No Erin. No Maggy. No GS-12 position doing a job I love in a state that I love in a home that I love with friends that I love. I will be OK.

I'm off. Will post more later when we get news about Maggy.

-Jen