My Bloviation Celebration!

"One woman's life journey of love, laughter, and lipgloss..."

mercredi, juin 01, 2005

"Oh! My! Starry-Eyed Surprise!"

Bo Bice - Rocker!

Folks, I can't help it. I am generally not the starstruck sort. Really, I'm not! But I loveloveloveLOVE this guy. I just think he's an amazing talent and a wonderful performer.

Bo Bice - In A Dream

His acapella performance of "In A Dream" was just amazing.

In an earlier blog posting, I told you that I was the sort that got very involved in and caught up in the lives of the folks she saw on television. That's, generally speaking, the characters in the shows and movies that I love. But when I see a "real life" story, usually an actor or performer nominated for (or winning!) acclaim for his or her work, I just get giddy and excited. Like I know the people or something. (And before you say it, yes, I know I am strange.) I love being "in the moment" and seeing the joy of other people. It makes me happy. I really never got much in to "American Idol," and I really didn't get excited about it until the last several weeks when it became very apparent to me that Bo was just incredible. And for him (and for Carrie and Vonzelle), I felt a strong sense of joy as they performed and did so, so well. The three of them are amazingly talented, and it made my heart happy to see these three young, talented people bravely giving themselves to all of us...and having a DAMNED good time as they did so. A tiny part of me wished I'd had the courage at their age to do what they are doing (hell, I wish I had that courage now!) Seeing their loved ones and friends in the audience was a kick, too. These were REAL people...REAL emotions. And that's the sort of thing that really grabs and holds me. Sharing in a passionate moment like that and feeling the joy of others is such a thrill for me. I imagine this probably makes me sound exceptionally strange, and to those who'd say that, I'd likely retort with a hearty "fuck you!" When there is an over-abundance of sadness and despair and selfishness and hurt in the world, it's wonderful to see courage and talent and love and support and joy and excitement. And I like being around that kind of energy. So anyway, I say all of this to say that I love this guy and think he's amazing, and I'm not ashamed to say that his performances made me cry and that I am so, so looking forward to buying his first CD (which, I can promise you, will very likely be out before we know it). Thanks, Bo, for affecting us with your music and for sharing your soul with us. As a singer myself, I know that the greatest thrill I get when I perform is seeing someone react with favor or demonstrate a strong response to me...be that applause or tears or a hug with a "thanks" for having touched a spirit. Those things feel so, so good to me, and I'm just someone who likes to sing (and does it moderately well). I can only imagine how wonderful it feels to, as these folks have done, touch people's spirits with their God-given gifts of music. Wow. Just wow.

OK, I'm off. Night!