My Bloviation Celebration!

"One woman's life journey of love, laughter, and lipgloss..."

mardi, juin 21, 2005

And So Ends A Bad JenDay(tm)...

Hi friends. I just have a quick second, but I wanted to stop in and say "hello." Today was NOT a pleasant day for me. It got better as it progressed, but I wasn't a happy girl for much of my morning. I'll not get in to it with you, but will say that I took GOOD care of myself on the drive home and bought a few amazing items that perked me riiiiiiiiiiiight up:

Ahhhh - The End Of My Bad Day

As I posted yesterday, my boyfriend Bo Bice's new CD single was released today. Thanks to the kind folks at Barnes and Noble for holding a copy for me. I aso treated myself to an amazing crochet book that I've wanted for ages, and a copy of "Crochet" magazine. The beautiful buttercream-y crocheted fabric beneath these items-of-joy is the shawl I am furiously working on for Mom (I'm on row 72 of 103!). Bo's music perked me right up, and with his amazing voice came the end of my bad day. Now, if I can only stay focused on this shawl and NOT on all of the yummy yarn projects in my new book!!!

I've also promised for the last few days that I'd post some special photos and share with you some of the crafts I've recently created:

1. Here is my first-ever Project Linus blanket. It's entirely in half-double crochet, and was done with a "K" hook and Red Heart's "Pale Plum" Super Saver yarn (#0579). I'm sorry that the photo isn't more clear (I'm still learning my way around this stupid digital camera).

My First-Ever Project Linus Blanket!

2. Here is one of two cards I made for Fathers' Day this past weekend. As you know, I've gone completely nuts for Stampin' Up products. Here's my first stab at a Fathers' Day card:

Fathers' Day Card #1, 2005

(Stampin' Up products used include the crimper, Creamy Caramel cardstock, Mint Melody and Forest Foliage inks, and the Mini Messages stamp set. The dark green cardstock was cheap-y stuff from Michaels.)

3. And here's the second Fathers' Day card I made:

Fathers' Day Card #2, 2005

(Stampin' Up products used include Mint Melody and Brilliant Blue cardstock, Mint Melody inks, the Mini Messages and Friend To Friend stamp sets, and a button in Bliss Blue. Unfortunately, it's hard to read the sentiment on the cover of the card. It says "Sunshine in the heart not only warms thine own, but all that comes in contact with it. -James T. Fields")

I'm off to snuggle with my sweetie. Blessings to all of you!