My Bloviation Celebration!

"One woman's life journey of love, laughter, and lipgloss..."

lundi, mars 28, 2005

Big, Beating Heart

Hi everyone and welcome to a new week. Can you believe that April begins this week? Wow. I swear to you, it was just Christmas last week. I hope that you all had a fantastic Easter and that your week is off to a good start!

Had a good day today! Busy. Conducted another focus group and am putting the finishing touches on "the big project" that has so totally and completely consumed my everysinglesolitarythoughtandenergy these last several weeks. I hear that awful singer (if you can call her that) Sheryl Crow singing to me in the distance..."a change will do you good." Quite good. I need a vacation! We're talking about taking some time off this spring and heading home to Indianapolis to visit my family, which makes me so happy. I miss them something terrible. Curt's grandfather (yes, I said grandfather!) is getting married (!!!) this summer, and we're heading up to Nebraska for the big day. Looking forward to that, too. I think I am going to make a vow to myself to try to get more rest this week. I think that'd make the week seem less stressful, even as everysinglesolitarything at the office pulls and tugs at me. Hopefully that will help.

Lots of love all around me today, and it feels good. Today is the first day in a long, long time that I've just felt totally good. No sinus infection. No nagging worries about work. No self-imposed Terri Schiavo stress. Just breathing and happy to be alive and in love and to have the existence I have. Mom and Dad sent us an Easter package which, due to the promptness of the United States Postal Service, arrived today vice Thursday when it was promised (thanks, guys!). I may be 33 and an old married mom, but I tellya, I still love to get care packages from home. It's like college. I remember my Mom always made me these amazing care packages...food, candy, cookies, clothes, presents...you name it. And the first weekend she came to campus and met my friends, well, that was all she wrote. Every package after that had goodies for each of my friends, too. She was quite the cult classic in our little clique! Now it makes Erin so happy when she sees a package from Grammy and Pappaw. Her little face and eyes just light up and she smiles and says "Is THAT for ME?!?!?!?" :) Cutie! And I am happy to be loved by a wonderful, amazing man. And to have a marriage filled with life and love and laughter and continual support and understanding. He's a blessing...one I never thought I would find and certainly don't deserve. And I am thankful for someone from my past...thoughts of whom have been filling my mind lately. I sent two long overdue EMAIL messages tonight, one to a somewhat new friend and the other to someone very special to me...my sorority little sister (who was also my Maid of Honor). Just feels good to love and be loved. As corny as it undoubtedly sounds. :)

I think I'll close up shop for now. Gonna go love on my family a bit. Have a fantastic night, friends!

(Oh...before I go...check out a great new blog I found today! Finally...someone snarky, yet wonderful...like me!)

Bye bye! :)