My Bloviation Celebration!

"One woman's life journey of love, laughter, and lipgloss..."

samedi, janvier 15, 2005

Laughter...Truly The World's Best Medicine

Greetings! Well, it's the weekend (f-i-n-a-l-l-y!) and it's good to be home and relaxing. Well, at least at this second, I'm relaxing. Maggy's got a doctor's appointment at 11 and we've got Erin's new furniture to pick up this afternoon, meaning that, in about 3 seconds, I've got a kid and canine to bathe (and a shower to take myself) and a zillion papers to get in order. So don't shoot me if this is a quick post. :)

I've had the cold from HELL all week, and it's been a really miserable experience. I can't talk (cough) for (cough cough) any significant period of time (hack choke) without breaking (&%@#) out into a (hack hack) coughing attack. As you can probably guess, my telephone contacts have been few and fun this week (*le snort*). Last night, we decided to "make a night of it in" and watched Comedy Central all night. I don't think I've laughed that hard in AGES, folks. We saw some funny, funny people! And now, I think I've got three new comedians to call favorites (however, Carlos Mencia, fear not...you're still my favorite!) Anyway, please check out the websites of Demetri Martin, Frank Caliendo, and Jimmy Carr. These guys are super hilarious. And you know, I am actually feeling better today. This is the first day all week that I've not felt like a walking zombie. I guess what they say about laughter really IS true...

So....Serena Southerlyn's a lesbian. Who knew? (Christ, was that an awful way to end her time on that show or what?)

A note to my Kansas City friends...you HAVE to check out the 54th Street Grill and Bar. Tasty, tasty, tasty. The service was a little slow, but the food more than mdae up for it. And the selection was awesome. Because it's not far from where Curt works, he and his colleagues are going there quite often for lunch now, and he finally convinced me to give it a try this week. VERY yummy. Go! Eat! Enjoy! :)

My girlfriend C3. had a beautiful baby girl this week. Baby Makenna was born on the 11th and is healthy and well. Congrats to C3. and her amazing family on this new little addition!

(Why is it that people continually ask Curtis and I when we're planning to have another little one? Why is that everyone's business? And why do they look at me with a somewhat "poor-Jen" pity look when I say that I think Erin will be our only one. Only children can grow up to live healthy, well-adjusted, happy lives, you know? Case in point is Yours Truly here. Well, maybe I'm not so well-adjusted, but I'm certainly not as off-center as a LOT of folks!)

Please don't forget to watch the tsunami aid concert tonight on NBC. Please, if you cam, support this amazing cause. These people have been so completely devastated by what's happened. They need our help so desperately.

A dirty kid and canine await my sudsy assistance. Bye!