My Bloviation Celebration!

"One woman's life journey of love, laughter, and lipgloss..."

dimanche, octobre 17, 2004

A Lazy Sunday Morning

Gotta love lazy Sundays. It's been a good weekend so far. Sorry I've not gotten the chance to post until now. It was a good week at work. Curtis has been working hardhardhard on our fence in the hopes of getting it done before the winter. Today, he'll finish it (he's just putting the finishing touches on the back gate). Next step? Adding a doggy to our family! In all likelihood, it'll be an adorable Boston Terrier who we'll name "Rufus." :) Friday night, we said "goodbye" to our friends at the Overland Park Old Chicago. Their lease was up, so they had decided to close down that restaurant. Sad. They are nice people...and the food is KILLER. Thank GOD that we've still got the Olathe one! (Hi Amy and Trent!) Yesterday was great. If you live in the Johnson or Douglas County areas, PLEASE consider attending the Baldwin City Maple Leaf Festival next year! It's quite the to-do for the tiny little town of Baldwin City, Kansas. Erin's godparents live there, and it was great to see them again. Our sorority has a collegiate chapter on the campus of Baker University in Baldwin City, so our alumnae chapter had a table on the yard of the sorority house and we sold cookies for our philanthropy, the Children's Miracle Network. From all accounts, we made a killing (about $400!). It was great to walk around the streets, take in all the vendors, shop, and hang out with some of the alumnae. After a quiet dinner, we headed to the video store in search of a few movies ("The Day After Tomorrow" and "Fahrenheit 9/11" and "Eternal Sunshine Of The Spotless Mind".) Unfortunately, only "Fahrenheit 9/11" was in. I'd wanted to see this movie for a long, long time - WHY, I couldn't tell you. I guess I'm trying to challenge myself into becoming as cognizant as I can be about the political world, and I really thought that this film would make me see things in a different way. Anyway, it really didn't. I'm still pro-Bush. Do I think he's the smartest man who's ever lived? No. But I don't think he's quite the bastard Michael Moore attempted to depict him to be. Of course, perhaps I might have learned more had the movie not literally bored me to sleep...but alas, it did. So, so long Michael Moore. Your message failed to reach me.

I think I'll try to crochet today. I've not done that all weekend. I've tried to make a very simple scarf with the beautiful "Candy Pink (#201)" Lion Brand POLARSPUN yarn, but I'm not having any luck. So much for being a beginner's yarn. It's nearly impossible to find my chains. I've got two skeins of the VERY beautiful "Kaleidoscope Print (#203)" Lion Brand CHENILLE THICK & QUICK yarn, so I may use one of those to make this scarf and another to make a hat or a pair of gloves (for Erin, of course). We'll see. Also, Michaels is hosting an initiative for people to make 7"-by-9" crochet squares for charity, and then bring them in for a big "piece together" party over Halloween. I'd like to use up some of my spare yarn for that. Maybe tonight I'll get a few of those made. I've got one skein left of an absolutely beautiful (I use that word a lot) yarn (TLC Essentials SAGE MARY), which would make beautiful squares. So we'll see.

OK, I'm off. I'll try to post something else this afternoon or tonight. Bye! :)